FOR VACCINATION: Book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccination. >>

FOR TESTING: Book an appointment for COVID-19 testing at one of our Assessment Centres. >>

I have a concern about my care

Social media

St. Michael's social media accounts are managed by our Communications and Public Affairs team. Although we forward social media feedback to the relevant care teams on a regular basis, urgent complaints should follow the process below.
If you are concerned about your care or your loved one’s care, please tell us. St. Michael’s takes complaints seriously. Our patients’ feedback helps us improve care.

Urgent complaints

Talk to your care team

Your care team includes your nurses, doctors and other people who provide your care such as your social worker or physiotherapist. Your care team is in the best position to respond your concerns as quickly as possible.

If you need more support

Sometimes it’s helpful to discuss a concern with someone outside of the care team. If you need more support, we encourage you to ask to speak to a charge nurse, unit manager or supervisor, or attending physician. They are here to help you, and can bring in more support if needed.

Other complaints

Talk to Patient Relations

Our Patient Relations team can help you with complaints as well as compliments, suggestions or questions about your experience at St. Michael’s. Visit the office in person (weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), or contact them by email, fax, mail or phone. About/Contact Patient Relations.

If you need more support

If you have completed a complaint process with Patient Relations and you weren’t satisfied with the outcome, the Ontario Patient Ombudsman can offer free, confidential support. They facilitate resolutions and investigate patient and caregiver complaints about patient care and health care experiences in public hospitals as well as long-term care homes and Community Care Access Centres (CCACs). Ontario Patient Ombudsman website.

All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges”. If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you can contact the appropriate College (e.g. College of Physicians and Surgeons). Here is a list of the Ontario Health Regulatory Colleges.