Before you leave the hospital
Before you leave the hospital, make sure you know the following things to help with your care:
- Where you are going (home or to another care facility)
- What medicine you will be taking and how to take it
- When to follow up with your doctor
- The date of any followup appointments
- Who to call if you need help or have questions after you leave
- How to take care of your wound or surgical area
- Where your personal items are
- How you will get home
If you are not sure about any of these items, your health care team can help you plan for leaving the hospital.
If you will require help at home, please visit the community and caregiver resources section.
Leaving the hospital (discharge)
Once you are ready to leave the hospital, make sure you know the times:
- Discharge time for inpatient units is 11 a.m.
- Day Surgery patients may leave when clinically ready during the day
- The department closes for the evening at 7 p.m.