The HUB is a unified clinical research methods and services group at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital integrating the health economics expertise from the Centre for excelLence in Economic Analysis Research (CLEAR), the clinical research methods and operations infrastructure of the Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC), and the knowledge translation expertise from the BreaKThrough Knowledge Translation (KT) Services.
When it comes to clinical research, many tend to think of clinical trials and registries. People are now recognizing the increasing importance of incorporating health economics and knowledge translation into their clinical research and those areas of expertise require very diverse skill sets. With a coordinated approach and single point of contact, the HUB provides a one-stop-shop for health research.
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Health economics
- Coordination and data management of clinical trials
- Observational research
- Qualitative studies
- Patient registries
- Financial and contract management
- Biostatistical and methodological support
- Industry-leading research informatics and data management
- Knowledge synthesis including systematic reviews, scoping reviews, and rapid reviews (including indirect comparison)
- Application and implementation of knowledge translation interventions
- Capacity building and knowledge translation training
What makes the integrated methods and clinical research support services offered through the HUB unique? Our approach is to bring the health economics, applied health research, and knowledge translation groups together on day one so that we can jointly design a study that will result in a product that meets the needs of our partners. Visit our website www.hubresearch.ca to find out more about what we do.