Trauma and Neurosurgery
The Trauma Program at St. Michael’s Hospital was established in 1992 with the regionalization of trauma care in the city of Toronto.
The trauma program was accredited in 2006 by the Trauma Association of Canada as a Level 1 trauma centre. As a Level 1 trauma centre, our regional responsibilities include the provision of:
- a leadership role in the provincial trauma system,
- an advisory role within the Provincial Trauma Network, an advisory to the MOHLTC on the provincial trauma system
- a central role in the regional trauma system
- care to the majority of the multisystem trauma patients in the region (Southern GTA and South Central Ontario)
- complex and unique (quaternary) trauma services for the province
- academic leadership including trauma training and research programs
For more information on our services and activity please visit our Resources page.