Clinics & Inpatient Care Units
Renal Services - Vascular and PD Access Program
St. Michael’s is recognized as a Centre of Practice by the Ontario Renal Network for Dialysis Body Access.
We are accepting referrals for pre-dialysis, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients requiring access creation or revision.
|Our peritoneal dialysis (PD) services include:
||Our body access services include:
- Surgical assessment for PD catheter insertion (embedded and non-embedded), revision/repositioning and removal
- Laparoscopic PD catheter insertion both embedded or non-embedded
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures: Omentopexy, Adhesiolysis, Umbilical hernia repair
- Laparoscopic revision of existing problematic PD catheter
- Comprehensive follow-up care and interventions related to catheter function
- Standard arteriovenous fistula creation and arteriovenous graft insertion
- Difficult upper and lower extremity access creations
- Insertions of HeRO, Omniflow II biosynthetic, early cannulatable grafts, T-Grafts and standard PTFE grafts
- Liposuction for superficialization of accesses
- RUDI/DRIL procedures for steal syndrome
- Comprehensive follow-up care and interventions related to access function
To refer, please complete a copy of the fillable PDF referral form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or print the completed form and fax it to (416) 864-5609.
Our clinics are located at St. Michael’s Hospital, on the corner of Queen St. E. and Victoria St. in downtown Toronto (view a map).
Questions? Please contact our PD access coordinator at: 416-864-6060 ext. 5794, or our vascular access coordinator at: 416-864-6060 ext. 5228, or email them both at email@example.com.