Clinics & Inpatient Care Units
Welcome to the Department of Ophthalmology at St. Michael’s Hospital. We are a world class facility recognized for excellence in patient eye care, research and teaching in the field of ophthalmology.
Our department provides a full range of ophthalmology subspecialty services including: Cornea and anterior segment, Glaucoma, Medical and Surgical Retina, Neuro-ophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Ocular Pathology, Strabismus and Uveitis. We also provide an Eye Clinic that offers comprehensive ophthalmological care.
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology / Eye clinic
- Medical and Surgical Retina
- Ocular Pathology
Our department provides on-site diagnostic testing including:
- Colour Vision Assessment (Farnsworth 100-Hue)
- Corneal Topography (COT)
- Electrophysiology (Full Field ERG, Multi-Focal ERG, EOG, and Multi-Focal VEP).
- Heidelberg Retina Tomography (HRT)
- Intravenous Fluorescein Angiography (IVFA)
- IOL Master (Zeiss)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Retinal Photography
- Ultrasonography (both diagnostic B-scans and biometric A-scans)
- Visual Fields (both Goldmann and Humphrey)
Links and affiliated organizations