Department of Family and Community Medicine and St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team
Income security health promotion
Studies have shown income affects health. As part of your health care, our aim is to improve the income security of our patients who are facing financial difficulties.
The health promoter works with you to increase income, reduce expenses and improve financial literacy skills. This is done through one-on-one meetings in person or over the phone.
Services we provide:
- Assistance in applying for social benefits and grants (e.g. Ontario Disability Support Program and the Disability Tax Credit)
- Referrals to organizations that offer free or discounted products and services
- Informal credit counseling
- Personal budgeting information.
- Connect with community resources for career guidance
How to make an appointment?
Referrals can be made by your primary health care provider