Department of Family and Community Medicine and St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team
Dental services are provided by licensed and registered dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants from Toronto Public Health.
- Dental examination and x-rays
- Scaling (cleaning of teeth)
- Fluoride treatment
- Fillings and sealants
- Root canal treatment on selected teeth
- Partial and full dentures (a laboratory processing fee is required)
(Note: Not all services are available to every individual. Specific eligibility criteria apply.)
How to make an appointment
Referral can be made through your health care provider. You will be contacted directly to arrange an appointment.
Dental services - patient eligibility criteria
- No private dental insurance
- Children and youth ages 0 to 17 years
- Recipients of a government sponsored dental plan
- Patients of St. Michael's Hospital DFCM with urgent dental conditions requiring treatment (pain, acute infection)
Other services available from Toronto Public Health at no cost
- Dental screening for children and youth in childcare centres, schools and community groups, and residents of Toronto long-term care facilities
- Denture cleaning and labeling services in long term care facilities
- Oral health education and information sessions for parents, caregivers, health care providers and professionals who work with children, youth and seniors
80 Bond St., lower level
Monday – Tuesday, Thursday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.