Department of Family and Community Medicine and St. Michael’s Academic Family Health Team
Services: Chiropractic care
|Service available at:|
Chiropractors treat muscle and joint pains and problems that make it hard for you to perform your normal activities.
Some of the common conditions we treat include:
- Back or neck pain
- Sprains and strains
- Pain in your shoulders, arms, hips, and legs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Workplace, motor vehicle and sports injuries
- Reduced mobility (limited range of motion)
- Other complaints relating to the neuro-musculoskeletal system
Chiropractic treatment can include:
- Manipulating your spine and joints
- Soft tissue therapies to involved muscles and ligaments
- Physical therapeutic modalities
- Active rehabilitation and exercise
- Education and lifestyle counselling
Our chiropractic program is affiliated with the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College and is one of Canada’s first hospital-based chiropractic care clinics. Our chiropractors will perform a thorough examination and work with other health care providers to arrange for further tests if needed.
Patients are referred by the Family Health Team. All services are provided by chiropractic interns or residents who are fully supervised by faculty members at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College.
How do I make an appointment with the chiropractic team?
Ask your family doctor or your nurse practitioner to refer you. We will contact you by letter or phone to make an appointment.
What should I bring to my appointment?
If you had any tests done outside of St. Michael’s Hospital that relate to your muscle and joint problems please bring a copy of the results to your appointment.
Remember to wear comfortable clothing.