Critical Care at St. Michael's
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Welcome to the MSICU
The Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit (MSICU) specializes in the care and treatment of complex conditions. The MSICU team treats patients who need advanced breathing and circulation support.
- Learn more about the MSICU (pdf file)
Clinical leader manager: Ellen Lewis
Phone number and extension: 416-864-2191
- Enter the hospital through the Queen Street entrance. You are now on the ground floor of the Donnelly Wing.
- Go past the first bank of elevators on your left and continue down the hallway until you reach a T-intersection.
- Turn left. Follow the signs to the Cardinal Carter South elevators. They are the first bank of elevators on your right.
- Take those elevators up to the 4th floor.
- Turn right off the elevator to find the MSICU on your left hand side.
There is a visitors’ lounge on the 4th floor of the Cardinal Carter wing.
The lounge is across from the CVICU on the 4th floor of the Cardinal Carter wing.
Patient or family feedback
After discharge from the ICU, we invite patients and family members to take a few minutes to tell us about their experience. The survey below will take approximately three to five minutes to complete and assists our teams in improving the care for patients and families at St. Michael’s Hospital.