Information for Surgical Patients
Preparing for Surgery: What to do if you have same-day surgery
If you are going home on the same day after your surgery, please note the following:
- You will be observed after your surgery to make sure the initial effects of anesthesia have worn off.
- On rare occasions, you may have to be admitted to the hospital.
- You are advised not to attempt to perform any task that requires skill, coordination, or judgement for 24 hours after your anaesthetic.
- As with overnight surgery,
please leave your car at home.
- You cannot drive home after your operation.
- You should arrange to have a friend or family member take you home by taxi or car. The respective person(s) need to call 416-864-5736 before noon on the day of your surgery.
For more information, refer to the Pre-Admission Facility Pamphlet (49 KB pdf file).