How can patient relations help you?
If you are a patient or caregiver who has compliments, suggestions, questions or concerns about your experience at St. Michael’s Hospital, consider contacting our Patient Relations team.
You can speak with us in private, either in person, on the telephone or by mail/fax/email. We work with you and your health care team for the best possible hospital experience.
- Help you get the information you need.
- Help to explain what the hospital can do for you.
- Offer assistance, support and information.
We’re here to support you with your experience at St. Michael’s Hospital and help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
What if you have a concern?
Before contacting Patient Relations, you may want to speak with your health care providers such as your nurse, the unit manager or supervisor, or the attending physician. They may be in the best position to respond to your questions or concerns.
If you think there is further follow up required after speaking with your health care providers, please contact Patient Relations for assistance.
You can contact Patient Relations if:
- You would like to relay ideas or suggestions.
- You have questions about the hospital’s services.
- You want to know more about your rights.
- You would like to pass on suggestions or recommendations.
- If you have concerns about experiences with hospital staff or physicians.
Patient Relations can respond to your concerns and offer assistance and support with issues. We will ensure your feedback is shared with your health care team. We work with physicians and hospital leadership in order to ensure your experience at St. Michael’s Hospital is the best it can possibly be. Our goal is to put you, our patients, at the centre of everything we do, which means delivering safe, quality care.