MyChart shows patients their own health records
Toronto, February 20, 2018
St. Michael’s new, online patient portal can show you your test results online, along with other parts of your St. Michael’s health record. It’s a great tool to help you monitor and share your own health information, and participate in your own care.
Sign up for MyChart to see your:
- Lab results (e.g. blood tests)
- Medical imaging reports (e.g. summaries of x-rays and ultrasounds)
- Notes written in your hospital file
- Instructions that were given to you when you were discharged from hospital (for inpatients only)
- Upcoming appointments
How to register for MyChart
To use MyChart, you must have an email address, an Ontario Health Card and received care at St. Michael’s at any point since Jan. 1, 2017.
How do I sign up for MyChart?
To sign up for MyChart, you must come to the hospital in person with your OHIP card. This step can’t be done by email or phone.
There are two ways to sign up:
- At Patient Registration on the first floor of Donnelly Wing South, one floor above the Queen Street entrance.
- At your next outpatient clinic appointment – just ask at reception. Please note that our Family Health Team can’t sign patients up for MyChart at this time.
Once you complete your registration online, you can sign in at www.mychart.ca anytime to look at your health record.
About St. Michael's Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital provides compassionate care to all who enter its doors. The hospital also provides outstanding medical education to future health care professionals in more than 29 academic disciplines. Critical care and trauma, heart disease, neurosurgery, diabetes, cancer care, care of the homeless and global health are among the Hospital’s recognized areas of expertise. Through the Keenan Research Centre and the Li Ka Shing International Healthcare Education Centre, which make up the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, research and education at St. Michael’s Hospital are recognized and make an impact around the world. Founded in 1892, the hospital is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto.