Information, Access and Privacy
Making a FIPPA Access Request
St. Michael’s Hospital is an advocate for openness and transparency. We are committed to providing access to our records and to protecting the privacy of individuals whose personal information is held by the hospital. Before completing an FIPPA access request form:
- Check our directory of records to determine if the hospital holds the records you need.
- St. Michael's already makes some information readily available to the public. Search our website for the information before making an access request.
- Consider contacting the department or unit that might have the information you are looking for and making an informal request. The hospital will determine if the information can be released to you. As always, members of the media should contact the communications and public affairs office for assistance.
- If an informal request cannot be accommodated, please complete an FIPPA access request form.
- Submit your request with a cheque or money order for $5 to:
St. Michael’s Hospital
c/o the Information Access and Privacy Office
30 Bond St.
The Information Access & Privacy Office will contact you to confirm receipt of your request. Your request will be processed within 30 days, unless a time extension is provided.
- Make your request as clear and specific as possible. To avoid large processing costs and/or time delays, consider ways to narrow your request. The foi co-ordinator will work with you to identify hospital records most responsive to your requirements.
- Provide as much detail as possible to specify which records you require. If possible, provide a date or time period for the records you are requesting.
- If you are unsure what records you might need or how to describe the records, contact the freedom of information co-ordinator for help.
FIPPA requires that institutions submit annual reports to the Information Privacy Commissioner of Ontario regarding their access to information activity under FIPPA and PHIPA. Anyone may request a copy of St. Michael's Hospital 2012 FIPPA or PHIPA statistical reports by emailing email@example.com or by phoning the Information Access & Privacy Office at (416) 864-6088.
Please provide your contact information in your request, and let us know if you would like to receive the information electronically or by mail. There is no charge for this request.