Postgraduate Medical Education - Elective and placement opportunities
Arranging a clinical elective, fellowship or placement
Arranging a medical residency elective
A postgraduate medical trainee interested in arranging an elective under the supervision of a University of Toronto (U of T) postgraduate program director/training program must submit the following documentation to the host U of T residency program. This will then be forwarded to the U of T Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) Office for registration purposes:
- Written permission from Toronto program director agreeing to the elective. For the list of program directors, visit www.pgme.utoronto.ca
- Written permission from current program director at the home university
- Date of birth and Social Insurance Number
- Complete immunization record
- Proof of registration with the Canadian Medical Protective Association
Note: PGME Office will access certification of MD and PG license data through the CPSO website.
Note: Residents already registered with the University of Toronto can contact the Student Centre directly.
Registration process for PGME office
- Once the PGME Office receives the required documents from the University of Toronto postgraduate program, a letter of appointment will be issued to the resident.
- This letter must be signed by the resident and returned to the PGME Office.
- A copy will be forwarded to the CPSO.
- Along with the LOA, the resident will receive a PIN/password letter.
- Using the PIN/Password, the resident registers on-line at the PGME website
- Print off Confirmation of Registration form provided all the information noted above (1-5) has been received.
- The Confirmation of Registration form will allow the resident or clinical fellow to register with the Student Centre.
Arranging a Clinical Fellowship
The application process can be viewed here: http://www.pgme.utoronto.ca/quickinfo/applying.htm